[Talk-GB] Electric vehicle charging points

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 16:30:25 UTC 2020

On 21/07/2020 16:57, Kai Michael Poppe - OSM wrote:
> Is the National Chargepoint Registry data open for OSM now? If not
> somebody should write a nice enough letter?

It is open, it's OGL now. But it's not reliable enough for an unfiltered
bulk import; there are duplicate entries, incorrect coordinates and
incorrect or missing addresses.

What it would be useful for, though, is adding the technical data to a
chargepoint that has been mapped by on-the-ground observation. So long
as we can match an entry in the NCR to a mapped chargepoint, the
metadata (eg, connector types, owner/operator/network) can be updated
automatically.

Mark