[Talk-GB] Electric vehicle charging points

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 20:54:51 UTC 2020

On 21/07/2020 21:27, ael wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 21, 2020 at 05:30:25PM +0100, Mark Goodge wrote:
>>

>> On 21/07/2020 16:57, Kai Michael Poppe - OSM wrote:
>>> Is the National Chargepoint Registry data open for OSM now? If not
>>> somebody should write a nice enough letter?
>>
>> It is open, it's OGL now. But it's not reliable enough for an unfiltered
>> bulk import; there are duplicate entries, incorrect coordinates and
>> incorrect or missing addresses.
>
> And missing entries. Two charge points that I have mapped do not appear,
> at least with a post-code search.

Yes; it's a good start, but by comparison with other (non-open) sources,
it appears to have only around 80% of the total included. Although
missing entries are less of a problem for a data import than erroneous
entries, because gaps can be filled in manually. It's the errors which
are more of a problem, because it's generally better not to map
something than to map it wrongly.

Mark