[Talk-GB] Another UPRN/ oddity

Mark Goodge mark at good-stuff.co.uk
Thu Jul 23 08:17:47 UTC 2020

On 23/07/2020 00:16, Andy Mabbett wrote:
> Here's a good one...
>
> I know the street at:
>
>     https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.54633&mlon=-1.91892#map=19/52.54633/-1.91892
>
> which is a side-loop off the Queslett Road dual carriageway (and,
> indeed is the original alignment of Queslett Road, before the dual
> carriageway was built), as being also "Queslett Road". OSM sensibly
> agrees with me, as does Royal Mail's address/postcode-finder. As did a
> friend who lived there, many years ago.

[snip]

> The house nearest to my marker is 229 Queslett Road. Its UPRN is
> 100070487637; and the government flood warning service also says its
> address is Queslett Road:
>
>     https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/long-term-flood-risk/risk?address=100070487637

The PAF also has it as Queslett Road.

> But the USRN for the loop is given on "Find My Street" as 2708337,
> which is Booths Lane.

But here's an interesting thing. None of the properties on that section
of street are linked to USRN 2708337 in the open UPRN database:

    https://uprn.uk/usrn/2708337

The USRN that 100070487637 is associated with is 2704593:

    https://uprn.uk/100070487637

Which is Queslett Road:

    https://uprn.uk/usrn/2704593

I think that what you've found, therefore, is simply an[other] error in
the USRN database.

Mark