[Talk-GB] Surveying rural buildings

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Jul 23 09:55:19 UTC 2020

Jul 23, 2020, 11:49 by forums at david-woolley.me.uk:

> On 23/07/2020 10:12, Nick wrote:
>
>> Do we actually know what the general public use OSM for?
>>

> My impression is that the target for a lot of the material in OSM is professional users of maps, rather than the general public.

I would say that most of use by general public is indirect - from location
maps in a bus, through maps on mapy.cz/Osmand/FB/Snapchat/Uber/Maps.me
to indirectly benefiting from use of OSM data in various plans/analysis/scientific research.

I would say that direct use by general public is going to be fairly rare, though still
happening, like with nearly all resources.