[Talk-GB] Surveying rural buildings

Jon Pennycook jpennycook at bcs.org.uk
Fri Jul 24 11:56:36 UTC 2020

Traveline, a public transport website, use OSM for both presenting a map
and for routing, eg http://www.travelinesw.com/

They get confused by bus-only roads - access=no/motor_vehicle=no combined
with bus=yes/designated on a road leads to very strange routing (or did the
last time I tried to plan a route in Reading)!

Some delivery companies use OSM - there are several groups of professional
mappers who edit the map on their behalf.

As for direct use by the general public - I know people who use
OpenCycleMap.org, but most people I know aren't aware of OSM.

Jon

Message: 1