[Talk-GB] Rockall

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Mon Jun 15 09:23:28 UTC 2020

A new mapper has changed the status of Rockall, removing it from the UK
admin boundaries. As I understand it Rockall is accepted as UK territory
although it can't be used as a baseline to extend the EEZ. I contacted
the mapper with a changeset comment and their motivation is based on
"fixing the EEZ".

Wikipedia suggests that Rockall is considered (administratively
speaking) part of the isle of Harris, in the Western Isles.

As Rockall has from time to time been the subject of a territorial
dispute with Ireland, should we use the "disputed territories" process
for Rockall?