[Talk-GB] Documenting tagging practice for place nodes in London

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 12:20:24 UTC 2020

Just to pick up on one point:

On 23/06/2020 22:30, Russ Garrett wrote:
> * The presence of a few archaic place names which were presumably
> derived from NPE or other historic maps but are generally out of use
> now.
> * A surprisingly large number of place names present in OS StreetView
> are unmapped on OSM.

Quite a lot of stuff of the placename info on OS StreetView probably
_shouldn't_ be in OSM.  Leaving aside farm and house names, the where I
used to live in Derbyshire is according to OS StreetView composed of 5
different "villages".  It's actually either 1 or 2, depending on who you
ask.  It's probably less of an issue in London (less space for
extraneous names), though.

Best Regards,

Andy

PS: Don't get me started on