[Talk-GB] Quarterly Project Suggestion - drink_water:refill

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Sun Mar 15 17:31:01 UTC 2020

On Sat, 2020-03-14 at 18:59 +0100, European Water Project wrote:
> Hi Phil,
> I respect your opinion about the fit for the Quarterly Project. I
> don't know enough about the project criteria to have an opinion -
> even if I am passionate on the subject.

I do understand you passion on the subject, although it does seem to me
to be such a tiny problem in terms of plastic waste.

How often do you take water when you leave home and need to refill it?

I know this is going off-topic but a far bigger problem is the recent
trend for supermarkets to go back to the 70s and sell fruit and
vegetables in plastic packaging again, rather than weigh it at the
checkout.

This unnecessary food packaging is by far the bulk of the contents of
my recycling box.

> With respect to the locations, there are about 25,000 in the UK and
> Northern Ireland.

I think their lack of transparency is a big problem, licensing as
opendata is one issue however the website doesn't even provide
information in for personal use.

What information they do provide suggests there are none in either
Telford or Shrewsbury, or my small North Shropshire town.

However I have since found stickers at three on cafes in my small town,
there are only five in total, so quite a good uptake.

Phil (trigpoint)