[Talk-GB] Ficticious embankments? Vandalism

ael witwall3 at disroot.org
Thu Mar 19 15:08:39 UTC 2020

On Sat, Mar 14, 2020 at 06:09:26PM +0000, ael wrote:
> I have just noticed some new "Embankments" added around a fortnight ago.
> These were added to some stone circles in Cornwall which I know well and
>
> I have added a changeset comment.

The user has reverted the changes to the Hurlers in Cornwall, and
apologised.

However, I had a quick look at some of his other changesets, and he
seems to have done similar things at other sites that have not (?yet)
been reverted. One I noticed was a  "Coffin Stone" which now has an
embankment. Is that real? I doubt it.

I thought that he had added another embankment at the Rollright Stones,
but I couldn't see that just now. But he did remove two tags without
explanation. I wonder whether other points with their history were deleted.

I haven't looked any further, but it looks as if this is a widespread
problem.

I haven't formally alerted the DWG as yet: the user might yet revert
all the changes, but I hope others will keep an eye on all of this.

ael