[Talk-GB] Adding missing roads using Facebook detections

Andrew Hain andrewhainosm at hotmail.co.uk
Sun May 3 15:27:56 UTC 2020

Also seen: https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/84550786

--
Andrew

________________________________
From: Chris Fleming <me at chrisfleming.org>
Sent: 03 April 2020 14:06
To: Guthula, Jothirnadh <jguthula at amazon.com>
Cc: talk-gb at openstreetmap.org <talk-gb at openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [Talk-GB] Adding missing roads using Facebook detections

I've spotted some edits using this, such as:

https://overpass-api.de/achavi/?changeset=82807938&relations=true

After a ropey start, in general I've been quite impressed by Amazon's edits, but this one looks quite ropey, the service road drawn in is very ropey and it looks like you've missed the connection back to the main road (shown in OS Openview), in addition I don't think that https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/785788619 loops back on itself, or at least I wouldn't draw that conclusion from imagery?

Cheers
Chris