[Talk-GB] Q2 2020 Quarterly project GP Surgeries and health sites

Cj Malone CjMalone at mail.com
Mon May 25 18:41:09 UTC 2020

I think a lot of the confusion comes from the name suggestion index (some of the presets for iD) listing Boots twice. However basically all (if not all) of Boots in the UK are pharmacies, because they do prescriptions. In some regions this is not the case, Boots without prescriptions is a chemist.

In the UK it's more obvious using Superdrug as an example, some stores do prescriptions, some don't. If Superdrug does prescriptions it may be amenity=pharmacy or it may have a separate node for the pharmacy, with different contract details and opening times, but I don't think this is usually worth it for small shops.

Supermarkets on the other hand, I would have there pharmacies as separate nodes, partly for the above, different details. But also because the location inside the store can be massively helpful for people who just want the pharmacy, not the supermarket. See Sainsbury's with a Lloyds Pharmacy inside it https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6868601075 Tesco with a Tesco pharmacy inside https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/6841571554