[Talk-GB] "Survey Me" Tool Update

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 14:21:43 UTC 2020

On Sat, 7 Nov 2020 at 13:02, ael via Talk-GB <talk-gb at openstreetmap.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 07, 2020 at 12:11:42PM +0000, Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) wrote:
> > For anyone who's interested, I've just updated my "Survey Me" tool at
> > https://osm.mathmos.net/survey/ .
>
> I took a look and it flagged up
>   https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3149722064
> as having no name. But it has a perfectly good name?

It's not flagging https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3149722064 , it's
flagging the building next to it:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/679205532 . That building is tagged
with shop=yes but no has name=* tag. When an issue concerns an
existing OSM object, you'll find a direct link to that object in the
popup bubble when you click/tap on the icon.

In this case see: https://osm.mathmos.net/survey/#19/51.7885/-1.4833 .
If the building is only that single shop, then you could remove the
shop node and transfer the tags to the building way. If the building
also has other uses (e.g. there's a flat above the shop, or it
contains more than one shop) then it might be better to remove the
shop=yes tag from the building, and move the shop node inside the
bounds of the building instead.

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker