[Talk-GB] Turn Restrictions at roundabouts

Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk
Wed Nov 11 15:04:12 UTC 2020

>After a quick look at his edits locally he has also been removing ref
>tags from roundabouts which seems an odd thing to do.

This seems perfectly reasonable to me - the roundabout is a junction of various roads and I do not consider it to be part of a referenced highway.

I note that the wiki indicates that the ref should be added to roundabouts to allow fluid routing, but this has relatively recently been added (April 2019) and I do not agree. It smacks of tagging for the renderer (in this case a routing engine). It seems bizarre to specify that for naming it should not use the name of a road it connects, but it should use the ref of a road that connects!

Regards,
Mike