[Talk-GB] Weight restrictions

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Fri Nov 13 09:03:03 UTC 2020

On Fri, 2020-11-13 at 08:32 +0000, Edward Bainton wrote:
> Hi all
> I've been reading the wiki here on conditional restrictions.
>
> Should these be along the whole length of the relevant road, or can
> they be on a fragment of way near the restriction sign?
>
> Eg, the whole of Stanwick, Northants, is off-limits to 7-tonners.
> Presumably I don't have to tag every street; but maybe the
> access/through routes should be tagged all along their length?

Hi Edward
These restrictions are quite common in Leicestershire and are intended
to prevent lorries using residential areas as a through route.

They are generally 7.5t and only apply to goods vehicles, not buses or
coaches.

They allow access for deliveries, loading.

We usually use hgv=destination.

You do need to tag every road within the boundary, not just the main
roads otherwise you will end up with some very strange routing.

Phil (trigpoint)