[Talk-GB] Lorries can't limbo

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Fri Nov 13 09:16:24 UTC 2020

On Fri, 2020-11-13 at 08:36 +0000, Peter Neale via Talk-GB wrote:
> I am pretty sure that I remember checking bridges in my area some
> time ago, using a tool that someone kindly provided, which flagged up
> all bridges, where the clearance height was not specified in OSM.
>
> I regret that I cannot now find the link.

The isssue with a tool which finds roads under bridges with no
maxheight tag is that many are above a legal minimum so have no sign.

Motorway bridges for example.

Maybe we need an unsigned tag so that these can be elimiated?

A hay lorry managed to hit this (unsigned) one a few years ago.

Phil (trigpoint)