[Talk-GB] UPRN wiki page

James Derrick lists at jamesderrick.org
Wed Nov 18 12:27:08 UTC 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the additional information Mark - very useful.

On 18/11/2020 11:28, Mark Goodge wrote:
> What I'd suggest, therefore, is that we should add as many USRNs as
> possible, based on a best-match between the relevant OSM way and the
> OS OpenUSRN geometry. But we should only add UPRNs that are
> unambiguously the correct one for a particular building or structure.

+1

That makes a lot of sense, as does the other comments about the geometry
and modelling (down to way segments) of OS and OSM mapping being different.

The UPRN point is well made - the junction of Glazebury Way / Gisburn
Court has both a foul drain cover (subterranean infra ref?) and a
Northumberland County Council grit bin (with a NCC-specific reference
label)!

My hope in attempting the earlier Overpass query is that a JOSM
validator might be possible to assist with tagging, however the
complexities being discussed here suggest that UPRN=building;
USRN=highway; is both simple and wrong in several edge cases.

In case you want to visualise the earlier discussion about Cramlington,
here's an https://overpass-turbo.eu/ query to show the USRN data I added
as soon as it became publicly available: