[Talk-GB] Recycling Points

Jez Nicholson jez.nicholson at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 17:05:26 UTC 2020

Okay, bear with. I know that this is detailed mapping, but I enquired a
while ago on the amenity:recycling talk page and a single recycling
container == a single node. A group of containers == a group of nodes.

Here is an image of the highly attractive Golf Drive Recycling Point
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Golf_Drive_Recycling_Point.jpg
featuring 6 * "amenity"="recycling" + "recycling_type"="container" which
accept different items including
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8168379145 glass,
https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8168379151 cans, cardboard, paper,
plastic bottles, and https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/8168379142 a
clothes bank.

The area they are contained in is called "Golf Drive Recycling Point".
There's a sign that says so. I've added a polygon
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/877940580 as "amenity"="recycling" +
"recycling_type"="point"

I can only really see containers or centres in
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org.uk/keys/recycling_type#values but this
place is neither.

Are you offended by "amenity"="recycling" + "recycling_type"="point"? It
seems like the UK term for it.