[Talk-GB] Recycling Points

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 13:32:53 UTC 2020

I must admit to being surprised that we dont have a distinct value:
recycling points are much commoner throughout Europe than they are in the
UK (probably because more people live in flats). Windsor & Maidenhead
withdrew at least some of their points when recycling bins were introduced.
In Nottingham single containers are relatively common (usually things like
the red BHF ones, rather than council ones), and single containers with
multiple ports exist on the University site, as do combined rubbish bins,
recycling bins.

In Spain and Switzerland something like a recycling point with multiple
containers will be located within a short distance of most properties (e.g.
this one
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/7896935059#map=19/46.79881/10.30768> I
added which has at least 4 distinct containers). At least in the past in
some Swiss communes, these were also co-located with a communal location
for household rubbish (the one above doesn't appear to have that facility
now). I presume Poland is similar, but Mateusz can confirm.

It does appear that an additional tag value would be appropriate.

Jerry