[Talk-GB] Recycling Points

Robert Whittaker (OSM lists) robert.whittaker+osm at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 09:48:11 UTC 2020

On Fri, 27 Nov 2020 at 09:42, Jez Nicholson <jez.nicholson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Agreed, "point" sucks as a value, I won't use it....my fundamental reason for it not being a 'centre' was size, but a Recycling Point _could_ be seen as a mini Recycling Centre that only accepts recyclable waste. You can see a perimeter boundary by the concrete area it is set on. I could go with a site relation but you can't physically carry out other activities between the constituent objects (unlike a wind farm).

How about recycling_type=container_site ?

I guess the problem is that recycling_type=container is being used
both for individual containers and for mini sites with a group of
containers. An alternative approach would be to continue to use
recycling_type=container for the site, and have a new tag for
individual containers within such a site. (Then it would be a bit like
mapping individual parking spaces within a car-park.)

Robert.

--
Robert Whittaker