[Talk-GB] Brexit and OpenStreetMap

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Mon Sep 14 13:38:57 UTC 2020

There are at least three areas which need looking at when considering
moving the OSMF, only two of them are strictly BREXIT related:

- Sui generis database protection (this is one of the underlying
principles our licence relies on).

- Data protection compliance (this is currently not an issue, but could
become one).

- Corporate structure and the ease of enabling tax deductible donations
to the OSMF (while there is a bit of an BREXIT angle to this, it is
mainly a question of the lack of options for this in the UK that is an
issue).

As already pointed out to Martin you can find numerous discussions and
material on the subject here

https://wiki.osmfoundation.org/w/index.php?search=brexit&title=Special%3ASearch&profile=default&fulltext=1

Simon