[Talk-GB] Ramblers Scotland - Mapping Scotland's "lost" paths

Chris Fleming me at chrisfleming.org
Mon Sep 14 22:09:45 UTC 2020

I've just recently become aware of this project where they're finding
"lost" paths, although all the examples they've given so far have been
mapped on OSM for ages, there is also a great quote from there head:

"OSM has been a vital resource for this project & there is no doubt it has
the most complete public map of Scotland's paths that is currently
available"

So we know that they are using OSM. Michael Booth got in touch with them,
and apparently:

"We have been using OSM in our pilot areas and we’ve also made contact with
OSM to discuss the project further."

and "The final goal for the project is to release the dataset we create as
open data, I expect that there will be an interactive map on our website
but the intention is for the raw data itself to be downloadable so it could
be added to things like OSM."

Which is all great.

Just wondering if anyone has had contact with them?

https://www.ramblers.org.uk/get-involved/out-there/out-there-getting-paths-on-maps/mapping-scotland-paths.aspx

Cheers
Chris