[Talk-GB] Jewson - is it shop=doityourself or shop=trade?

ael witwall3 at disroot.org
Sat Sep 19 14:06:17 UTC 2020

On Sat, Sep 19, 2020 at 01:32:09PM +0100, Phil Endecott via Talk-GB wrote:
> Mateusz Konieczny wrote:
> > I encountered https://github.com/osmlab/name-suggestion-index/issues/4140
> > and it is hard to me how it should be decided.
> >
> > Do you have some clear preference?
>
> As a shopper, the important question for me is whether a
> shop will actually sell to me, i.e. whether they are
> trade ONLY or not, so that I don't have a wasted journey.
> Does our tagging scheme (and default rendering) address
> this?

If it doesn't do retail, it isn't a "shop"? The trade tag is intended
for places that cater in a professional way to trade customers, but also
include ordinary retail.

I suppose that if there really are "shops" which are trade only one
could add a subtag like trade_only = yes. Do we have a tag for
wholesalers? They would seem similar...

ael