[Talk-GB] Using UPRNs to find flats?

Cj Malone me-osm-talk-gb at keepawayfromfire.co.uk
Thu Apr 1 08:27:55 UTC 2021

On Thu, 2021-04-01 at 08:56 +0100, Jez Nicholson wrote:
> For a building outline with multiple UPRNs there is currently no
> legitimate
> Open method to discern which UPRN is which (flat A/flat
> B/historical/whole
> house).

For purpose built flats the UPRNs are usually sequential, I think it's
a fair assumption that they were allocated in that order. At least on
the Isle of Wight there is often one that isn't in the sequence, and I
assume that is for the building as a whole.

I've just documented one of these in Wikidata for testing purposes.

https://w.wiki/39dA

https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q106284692

https://osm.mathmos.net/addresses/uprn/#19/50.6386/-1.1723