[Talk-GB] Using UPRNs to find flats?

Ken Kilfedder spiregrain_osm at ksglp.org.uk
Thu Apr 1 13:37:18 UTC 2021

I've been attempting a reasonably complete survey of house numbers and apartment numbering in my neck of the woods.   Here's a bestiary of the various types I've come across, all within a few miles of each other.   (All feedback on the tagging welcome)-
 * Ordinary block of apartments, where the individual unit numbers follow the street numbering- e.g. it's just No. 10, Acacia Avenue, even though it's a flat in a block - https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/834674028 or https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/848942685
 * As above, but with peculiar choice of As and Bs https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/902648940  & https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/857863318
 * Four-storey blocks with ground-floor doorways into ground-floor, two-storey apartments, and third-floor front-doors off elevated walkways.  Tagged with individual addr:housenumbers for the ground-floor doors, and with housenumber ranges for the doors to the walkways.  https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/696379801  & https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/853255297
 * As above but with really peculiar number sequences - https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/806849373
 * Blocks with a single addr:housenumber, and addr:flats numbers hiding behind it. https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/381202337
 * Blocks with truly demented number ranges spanning multiple buildings in multiple ways.   Tagged as individual points.  https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/912875825  & neighbour https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/806849318
I've found it's quite possible to tag everything I've come across, but I would welcome a way to assert that a number range like addr:housenumber=1-15 (or addr:flats=1-15) is odd-only or all numbers.    Something like this, maybe: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/addr:interval   (as discussed previously in this forum, addr:interpolation is not suitable for this, as it's currently documented).

---
https://hdyc.neis-one.org/?spiregrain
spiregrain_osm at ksglp.org.uk