[Talk-GB] New Unitary Authorities in Northamptonshire

Vaughn Meads vaughn at maytreebarn.org.uk
Fri Apr 2 14:20:33 UTC 2021

On 1 April, two new Unitary Authorities were created, North Northamptonshire and West Northamptonshire.

North Northamptonshire combines and replaces the old East Northants district, and Corby, Kettering and Wellingborough boroughs, and West Northamptonshire combines and replaces the old non-metropolitan districts of Daventry, Northampton, and South Northamptonshire. The old county council for Northamptonshire was also abolished, although it still exists as a ceremonial county of course.

I can see the two new unitary authority boundaries have already been created as ‘boundary=proposed’, but these need to be made ‘current’ and all of the old ones made ‘disused’ or deleted, but I’m nor confident enough of my own editing skills and admin boundary knowledge to undertake such a major change without fear of messing something up!

Is there someone who can bring Northamptonshire up to date in OSM please?

Thanks.