[Talk-GB] HS2 phase-2a maps published (West Mids to Crewe)

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 2 14:21:29 UTC 2021

On 02/04/2021 14:58, Michael Booth wrote:
> On an HS2-related note: should the various ways of phase 1 be tagged
> as railway=construction since the route is now under construction?
> Useful since the route would be rendered, e.g. the Chiltern Tunnels
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/147166450
>
> Or should we wait until work has begun on each individual section of
> the alignment is actually under construction, i.e. until the TBM
> starts going under the Chilterns?

In terms of this actual tunnel, I'd suggest yes - wait until the tunnel
starts being dug.

There are already landuse changes at the top end
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/147166450#map=16/51.7099/-0.6932
(which makes sense).

Also (shameless plug) there are also maps out there such as
https://map.atownsend.org.uk/maps/map/map.html#zoom=15&lat=51.70897&lon=-0.69019
that should show you proposed rail, and where the tunnels, bridges and
embankments are, as well.

Best Rergards,

Andy