[Talk-GB] New Unitary Authorities in Northamptonshire

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Fri Apr 2 20:20:33 UTC 2021

Hi Jerry,

Given the recurring discussion about former railway lines and the principle that OSM maps the here-and-now and not historical things that no longer exist on the ground, I have to admit I am a little surprised by your suggestion. It sounds like you want to make an exception in this case, because other systems haven't caught up with this change? How long should such historical artefacts stay in the database?

Sure, I can revert the deletions, but how would you suggest they be tagged? How about was:boundary=administrative?

Does anybody else have any opinions on this?

Colin