[Talk-GB] traffic island mapping / harmful detail?

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 3 16:24:05 UTC 2021

This appears to be about two separate subjects. This email's subject
title is a little confusing & it doesn't help that the original edits
have been amended.

1. Any stationary, physical entity can be mapped. How much detail is
mapped is up to the individual contributor.

2. Landuse boundaries should not be attached to highways. The highway=*
tag represents the infinitesimally narrow centreline of the road. No
width is implied. Each renderer decides how to represent its width, or
use the width=* sub-tag.
The problem: A field boundary with a barrier=gate tag. When the boundary
is attached to a highway that gate also appears to be on the highway. An
obvious difficulty for routers.

DaveF