[Talk-GB] traffic island mapping / harmful detail?

Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk
Sun Apr 4 08:09:10 UTC 2021

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. My concern here was really that a posting about a user’s changeset ended up changing the wiki. I did not feel the need to get involved in discussing the changeset, but certainly would have got involved if the discussion had been for a proposal to update the wiki. There may well be others who would want to get involved if they thought the wiki was being changed. I was also concerned by “I think Tom's come round to the right conclusions here…” which was posted in the thread. In my view, what the writer means is “Tom has come round to my conclusion”, not necessarily the right one.

The title of the thread was about traffic islands but seemed to suddenly start discussing whether landuse should be coincident with a highway. DaveF is normally the voice of reason on here, but I just thought the point about landuse not being attached to highways was rather contentious as from what I can see there are a lot of people who disagree with this statement.

I hope I haven’t offended either of you.

Cheers,
Mike