[Talk-GB] Terraced Houses Mapping - JOSM and iD

Rupert Allan mail at rupertallan.com
Sun Apr 4 14:13:41 UTC 2021

Tony, tracing/mapping individual houses in the first pass will be what we
will be aiming for (-resources for a second JOSM tracing will be limited),
so this makes a lot of sense.

For the kind of  'full coverage'  needed, it is only realistic to remote
map once, and allot the number of households as soon as possible.

So the phases look like this:

1st: delineating structures (per house)

2nd: attaching (naming/other) data in field surveying

I like the 'building=terraced' as a first-phase tag, but for us,
'building=residential' would be sufficient. This is a community inclusion
project, and we expect to encourage novice mapping with ID. So keeping this
Phase 1 part really really simple is important.

I am thus inferring that 'building=residential' might be best in this
context...
Thoughts?

Best,

Rupert

UK: +44 (0)7970 540 647
Skype: Reuben Molotov
MARINE CALL SIGN: 24VN3
Member: Missing Maps/Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team
web | twitter | instagram | linkedin | imdb