[Talk-GB] Terraced Houses Mapping - JOSM and iD

Oliver Simmons oliversimmo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 15:25:16 UTC 2021

On Sun, 4 Apr 2021 at 12:38, Jez Nicholson <jez.nicholson at gmail.com> wrote:

> As part of the new Quarterly Project we should compile these thoughts into UK-specific advice on plotting buildings. I've added this as a https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/UK_Quarterly_Project/2021/2021_Q2_Project:_Buildings#Things_to_do
>
> What do people think of building=terraced_house, building=semidetached_house, building=detached, building=bungalow  ?

I use `building=house` for most things, and `building=terrace` for an
outline of a whole terrace if I'm not doing the individual houses.
I don't like the `semidetached_*` and `terraced_*` tags at all, they
make it more annoying to map.
We seem to live happily without tagging for terraced shops and
similar, so why do it for houses?

What would make more sense would be a simple relation grouping
connected buildings that are semi-detached or terraced.

-Oliver Simmons