[Talk-GB] Land Registry as a source of alignment

Russ Garrett russ at garrett.co.uk
Mon Apr 5 19:18:45 UTC 2021

This was covered a bit in these threads from last month:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2021-March/026334.html
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2021-March/026352.html

The basic gist of it is that these boundaries are not necessarily
legally binding, but they should not have any appreciable offset. The
boundaries will likely have been drawn against OS MasterMap, which for
our purposes is likely pretty close to perfect.

In practice, it's probably the best source of alignment where a land
registry boundary matches a wall, building, hedgerow, or similar.

(We should probably put a bit more detail about this on the wiki somewhere.)

Cheers,

Russ