[Talk-GB] OSMKU Cadastral Parcels as a source

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Tue Apr 6 15:28:29 UTC 2021

Am 06.04.2021 um 10:57 schrieb Edward Bainton:
> That's well and good, but there's nothing on the Contributors page to
> indicate that it's there to fulfil legal requirements, or that it's
> not there as data for mappers.

Let's just say that it is pretty darn obvious that it isn't just a
random wiki page.

And yes, finding information on sources of any kind is a pain. 3rd party
data management was already a mess a decade ago, and as I pointed out,
it hasn't got any better since. Fixing the situation wouldn't be rocket
science (outside of being a -lot- of work in the meantime), but
politically it is nothing that will win anybody any brownie points so
allocating the funds that would be necessary to at least get some
control over the situation is unlikely to happen any time soon. Not to
mention that at least historically there was active opposition against
controlling imports in any sane fashion.

Simon

PS: I won't even dwell on the fact that everybody with an active OSM
account should be aware of the purpose of the page (see the OSM
contributor terms), that is probably asking a bit much.