[Talk-GB] Terraced Houses Mapping - JOSM and iD

Tom Crocker tomcrockermail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 19:37:15 UTC 2021

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 19:26, Peter Neale <nealepb at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I assume that the addresses of the individual houses in the terrace are
> not "<n> Otley Road" (which is how they are currently tagged), but "<n>
> Richmond Terrace, Otley Road".
>
> In which case, I would suggest tagging them :
>
> "addr:housenumber=<n>
> addr:street=Richmond Terrace
> addr:parentstreet=Otley Road"
>
> Please see my draft proposal at:
>

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Proposal_to_Document_the_Key_%22addr:parentstreet%22
>
> ...in particular, Case 1.
>
> Hope that helps (a bit)

 Thanks Peter

I can see that would neatly solve the problem in terms of recognition of
the address and avoiding the current <n> Otley Road problem. I'm probably
being pedantic, or maybe just plain wrong, but these don't seem like the
names of streets to me. Out of interest, what is the correct tagging of a
flat with named block (e.g. 12 Nelson Mandela House, Park Road)? I couldn't
find it documented. This seems like the same kind of case to me.