[Talk-GB] Administrative boundaries (from Re: traffic island mapping / harmful detail?)

Tom Crocker tomcrockermail at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 07:47:10 UTC 2021

On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 at 00:29, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 4/6/21 10:18, Colin Smale wrote:
> > allowing only one layer at a time to be selected, and automatically
> > unjoining nodes where a node that is shared between layers is moved, and
> > being reluctant to share nodes between virtual layers.
>
> JOSM's filtering functions already go quite some way to achieve this

Frederik, thanks for pointing me back to JOSM filters. I had ignored them
because they seemed like they were probably dangerous and I am new...
Unless I'm missing a setting they lack Colin's essential behaviour for
editing existing features: unjoining nodes when shared nodes are moved.
Might be worth a ticket?

Tom