[Talk-GB] Administrative boundaries (from Re: traffic island mapping / harmful detail?)

Edward Bainton bainton.ete at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 09:43:45 UTC 2021

Colin, where you find boundaries have been pushed about, do you have any
sense of which editors are responsible?

I ask because I know I've been guilty of it in the past. I use iD
exclusively, which is presumably the editor of choice for new mappers.

So on this topic of layering, I wonder if a quick fix would simply be to
have iD default to *not* showing boundaries (ie, its check-box isn't
ticked), so you have to opt in to seeing/editing them. (Possibly the
checkbox could also be accompanied by a polite warning about the ease with
which they're changed, and the difficulty of putting them back where they
were.)

It was only after I was proficient enough not to move boundaries (I hope)
that I was proficient enough to use those selectors.