[Talk-GB] Terraced Houses Mapping - JOSM and iD

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Apr 9 22:37:11 UTC 2021

Hi,

On 4/9/21 20:34, Rupert Allan wrote:
> The intention of this project, once launched, is very much that local
> mappers are mapping South Wales - their own community priorities, on
> their own terms. For everybody's information, these 'mapathon-friendly'
> small-area tasks were meant for use as a demonstration/pilot

Can I ask in what context this "demonstration/pilot" is planned to be
used? Is MapUganda a commercial entity intending to follow companies
like GlobalLogic in selling low-cost human mapping labour to companies
all over the world, or what is the roadmap for this kind of activity?

This is an important question because if this was a harmless one-off we
could all just say, ok, that didn't work, they had good intentions but
botched it, no harm done, lesson learned, move on - but if you are
planning to do this frequently in the future because there's a profit
motive there, then "no harm done, move on" won't cut it; in that case
we'd have to request that you thoroughly reform your entire approach
with better communications, better training, and better work quality
before you even think of presenting this to anyone as a viable pilot for
anything.

Bye
Frederik