[Talk-GB] Modal Filters and Low Traffic Neighbourhoods

Robert Skedgell rob at hubris.org.uk
Sat Apr 10 13:33:15 UTC 2021

A few random and thoughts on this...

I wonder if there could be a case for using a relation (network?) for
the residential streets within an LTN?

There's a (currently undocumented) traffic_regulation_order=* tag used
by Robert Whittaker's PRoW tool which might be worth using on a new
restriction and/or relation. This could be particularly useful if a link
to the TRO published in The Gazette as it's OGLv3.

If the modal filter etc. is the result of an Experimental Traffic Order,
using lifecycle prefix tags like was:* may be a good idea so that the
previous situation can be restored easily if/when the TRO is revoked or
expires (before the paint on the road markings is dry for measures in
Wandsworth, Redbridge, or RBKC).