[Talk-GB] Modal Filters and Low Traffic Neighbourhoods

Robert Skedgell rob at hubris.org.uk
Mon Apr 12 10:41:47 UTC 2021

The planters are likely to be replaced by something more substantial
(e.g. kerb build-outs) for the experimental traffic orders which are
made permanent.

It also seems counterproductive to map turn restrictions which do not
exist in terms of the signage on the ground or the traffic order.

What we have at a former crossroads near me in Newham is a motor
vehicles prohibited restriction for the depth of the planter, with
traffic_sign=GB:619 on either side. Whether there is a removable bollard
or just ANPR enforcement, there is a 1-2m long section that is no longer
a normal highway=residential.

You could argue that mapping that very short section as highway=cycleway
is not entirely accurate as horses and non-motorised vehicles are not
prohibited either, but not implicitly allowed by a cycleway. Tagging as
	highway=residential
	motor_vehicle=no
	emergency=yes
	traffic_intervention=modal_filter