[Talk-GB] Residential highway with area is not rendering

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Wed Apr 14 11:46:19 UTC 2021

On 14/04/2021 11:28, Paul Berry wrote:
> Late to the conversation here, for which I apologise, but I've been
> mapping such features as both an area /and/ a way through the area. Best
> of both worlds or poor form? Let me know if you have strong feelings,
> but it works:
>
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/53.55336/-1.49485&layers=D
> <https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/53.55336/-1.49485&layers=D>

I had something similar to this objected to in the past.  It was
slightly different because the parking/turning area was offset to one
side, and it ended up sharing an edge, with the through road.  The
objections given were:

1) sharing the edge would confuse routing algorithms;

2) I was mapping for the renderer.