[Talk-GB] barrier=kent_carriage_gap

Oliver Simmons oliversimmo at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 08:06:41 UTC 2021

On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 at 21:51, Mateusz Konieczny via Talk-GB
<talk-gb at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dkent_carriage_gap
> describes
>
> "A series of bollards designed to prevent illegal vehicular use of a public right of way,
> whilst retaining access for horse drawn carriages."
>
> How such features are tagged?
>
> (barrier=kent_carriage_gap is used once worldwide so either it is
> not mapped, really rare or mapped in some other way)
>
> I am asking as I want to update wiki, possibly move that page
> into proposal namespace out of main OSM Wiki article space.

After searching up what these are, myself I would not even have
realised there was an intended barrier there in most cases where there
are only small stumps.
For the larger ones I would probably have just mapped it as a bollard
of some sort, but that's likely incorrect as they have a different aim
to these.

-Oliver Simmons