[Talk-GB] A focus on adding wikidata tags to OSM in Wales

Jean-Baptiste Robertson ggosm at runbox.com
Tue Aug 3 22:14:40 UTC 2021

Hi Ben, everybody,

in the wake of Ben's post, I thought I'd advertise a toy OSM/Wikimedia mashup project that I have been working on:

  https://cymru.subbasis.net/

This takes advantage of the Mapio Cymru tileserver and of the Wikidata linking that's been going on in Wales, to display Wikipedia articles or Wikidata factsheets, so that Wikipedia and OSM can be navigated side by side.

So far, by order of priority the site displays cy.wikipedia.org articles, en.wikipedia.org articles and Wikidata factsheets in English.

I hope it's OK to advertise this here.

All the best
Jean