[Talk-GB] [talk-gb] Local authority boundaries in the Hebrides

Edward Bainton bainton.ete at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 06:40:52 UTC 2021

Thanks, Colin - that's interesting.

I'm more familiar with the Wash, but there the shapes look much less
convoluted: off Lewis there are multiple islands of jurisdiction where
shoals must appear, but in Norfolk
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=52.8578&mlon=0.3591#map=12/52.8578/0.3591&layers=N>
the
jurisdiction is shown only as continuous with the mainland, despite some
quite large shoals nearby.

Do you know if there's a wiki article on this? I've found
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_boundaries which
declares itself out of date. There's also
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/United_Kingdom#Documentation that
suggests the page would be
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Boundaries_in_the_United_Kingdom and
that's empty, too.

If we haven't got a page yet, I might start one.