[Talk-GB] Priority Postboxes

James Derrick lists at jamesderrick.org
Thu Aug 19 13:27:44 UTC 2021

Hi,
Any thoughts on tagging post boxes with the sticker '*PRIORITY POSTBOX*'
that appeared during the recent 'event' please?

*priority=yes* seems the wrong level (this isn't highway traffic
calming) so *post_box:priority=yes* perhaps?

Recent survey examples are TD15 82 and NE71 135 with boxes in key
locations so the designation may continue to give information as 'normal
service' resumes.

I've not seen anything in:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dpost_box#Extended_Usage

https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org.uk/tags/amenity=post_box#combinations

(I'm ignoring one instance of priority␣collection=yes as spaces aren't a
good idea for K=V pairs!)

Happy Mapping,

James
--