[Talk-GB] FSA Approved Food Establishments (mainly Meat Processing)

SK53 sk53.osm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 22 13:11:11 UTC 2021

Has anyone made use of the FSA list
<https://data.gov.uk/dataset/2c80e0ce-ee1c-4f26-ba6f-1e1ae1bd8ee9/approved-food-establishments/datafile/38bf2802-b26d-4a88-85b7-58aff8af0c67/preview>
of "Approved Food Establishments" which seem to be mainly meat
processing/packaging businesses? It has address, name of establishment &
some information about what food is processed?

I mapped a few meat processing places which were in the news last year when
they had Covid-19 outbreaks, and I know of one or two others (e.g., shown
as Abattoir on OS Map Local) which I suspect either have the wrong name or
know of no open source for the name (Foyle, Six Hills, Leicestershire). I'm
also not entirely clear the best way of tagging this (there is a useful
discussion of similar issues on the wiki
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Tag:industrial%3Dslaughterhouse>):
many of these places are integrated abattoir and meat processing &
packaging lines.

Jerry