[Talk-GB] Entrances with staircases

Michal Vinarek vinascz at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 17:28:11 UTC 2021

Hello all,
how would you map entrances with staircases like these?
https://www.bing.com/maps?cp=55.876434~-4.293361&lvl=17&dir=127.546&style=x&v=2&sV=1
I'd assume entrance=staircase is used rather to denote an entrance
leading to an internal staircase
(https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:entrance%3Dstaircase), and
other than that there does not seem to be a tag that I could apply
straight to the node to say that this entrance is only accessible via
staircase.
Would it, in this case, make sense to map each of the staircases as a
line (highway=stairs) from the road to the entrance node itself? This
approach seems fairly messy with a lot of entrances close to each other
though, so I am wondering what the best way to map these would be and if
someone has found a more suitable approach?

Cheers.