[Talk-GB] Significant planning applications

Martin - CycleStreets list-osm-talk-gb at cyclestreets.net
Sun Feb 21 18:12:29 UTC 2021

On Fri, 29 Jan 2021, Martin Wynne wrote:

> What if any, is the guidance on mapping the location of a significant
> planning application?

> Of course, there are the application maps on the local planning
> authority's web site, but they are difficult to access for the general
> public

Of possible related general interest may be our new StreetFocus project,
launching soon fully but now in beta:

https://www.streetfocus.uk/

It provides a single national entry point to planning applications, using a
modern (OSM vector) slippy map, and enables them for the first time to be
filtered by size, type and date. This means that, for instance, people
interested in say transport effects of major developments can instantly see
where these are proposed in their city.

Locations are point-based and derived from postcodes, rather than using
official boundaries.

(NB the planning data is up to date as of mid-January - daily updating and
then alerting should be switched on very shortly.)

Martin,                     **  CycleStreets - For Cyclists, By Cyclists
Developer, CycleStreets     **  https://www.cyclestreets.net/