[Talk-GB] Public Rights of Way mapping guidance for Wiki

Mike Baggaley mike at tvage.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 16:04:16 UTC 2021

Suggested text looks pretty good to me. I just have one suggestion:

>Note: local authorities can issue temporary closures of PRoWs for safety reasons. In such cases, you may wish to simply not map this route until the >closure is removed. If the route is already on OSM, you can add temporary tags to indicate its closure.

I think it should also be suggested that temporary closure tags should include an expected reopening date, and shouldn't be done at all if the closure is only going to be a few days. I think leaving out-of-date temporary access tags in place is far worse than not having them in the first place.

Cheers,
Mike