[Talk-GB] railway=rail + oneway?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Fri Jan 15 13:31:55 UTC 2021

On 15/01/2021 13:14, Mark Goodge wrote:
> Where are we going to get the information from, though? It's not
> something you can reliably tell just by looking at the track. And even
> where you can tell, the track often isn't accessible to the general
> public. So it's not amenable to on-the-ground mapping.

Unfortunately, enthusiasts often think getting their favourite
information on the map is more important than respecting database
rights, so it wouldn't surprise me of a lot of this information is from
unsafe sources.

(More generally, I suspect there are probably rather a lot of imports
from Google Maps and Google Street View, in the UK part of OSMm as well
as other sources (one I came across recently was a photograph in a blog).)