[Talk-GB] Tags for a pay what you can cafe?

David Woolley forums at david-woolley.me.uk
Mon Jul 26 10:21:35 UTC 2021

On 26/07/2021 08:37, Chris Hodges wrote:

> The ones I've seen have been intended to attract everyone, so that the
> better-off customers pay something similar to commercial prices, or a
> little more, subsidising those who can't.  In other words it would need
> a hypothetical "social_facility:for=everyone".

There are lots of places, typically run by charities, where payment is
voluntary and optional, although still expected, but you wouldn't expect
this to be recorded.  That is, I believe, the normal case for church
services, but wouldn't expect, say, a suggested donation to appear on
the map.

Another example is concerts at a local church, where the advertisement
says there is a retiring collection, and a scientific society, which
runs public lectures, for which there is a suggested donation for
non-members, and also has an observatory, which also encourages
donations from non-members.